Lawn Mower Gearbox
The lawn mower gearbox is a key component of the mower, which is usually installed in the transmission system next to the blade of the mower. Its function is to transmit the power of the mower engine to the blade and drive the blade to rotate, so as to realize the function of mowing.
Choose Our Lawn Mower Gearbox
At Xinlan, we take pride in delivering top-quality solutions for lawn care enthusiasts. Our state-of-the-art Lawn Mower Gearbox is designed to enhance the performance and durability of your lawn mowers, ensuring a seamless and efficient mowing experience.
With our Lawn Mower Gearbox, you can elevate your lawn care game to new heights. Experience the ease, efficiency, and durability that our gearbox brings to your lawn mowers. Trust in our commitment to delivering exceptional products that meet the demands of lawn care professionals and homeowners alike.
Contact us today and discover how our Lawn Mower Gearbox can revolutionize your mowing experience. Let us be your trusted partner in achieving a pristine lawn!
Showing 1–8 of 18 results
Agricultural RC31 Lawn Mower Gearbox 30HP 540rpm PTO
Agricultural PTO 55 Lawn Mower Gearbox 50HP 540rpm 1:1.6
Agricultural PTO RC30 Lawn Mower Gearbox Right Angle 30HP 540rpm 1:93
Agricultural PTO LF211 Lawn Mower Gearbox 20HP 540rpm 1:2.83
Agricultural PTO RC130 Lawn Mower Gearbox 130HP 100HP 540rpm
Agricultural RC81 Gearbox for Lawn Mower 80HP 600rpm
Agricultural LF-205 Gearbox for Lawn Mower 30HP 540rpm
Agricultural RC 61 Gearbox for Lawn Mower 60HP 540rpm
How does the Mower Work with the Lawn Mower Gearbox?
The lawn mower gearbox plays a crucial role in the operation of a lawn mower. Here’s how it works in conjunction with the mower:
- Power Transmission
The lawn mower gearbox receives power from the engine, which can be either a gasoline engine or an electric motor. This power is typically transferred to the gearbox through a pto drive shaft or a belt drive system.
- Gear Reduction
Once the power reaches the gearbox, it undergoes a gear reduction process. The gears inside the gearbox are designed to reduce the rotational speed and increase the torque output. This allows for better cutting performance and the ability to handle tougher grass or uneven terrain.
- Blade Engagement
The output shaft of the gearbox is connected to the mower blade assembly. When the gearbox is engaged, either manually or through a mechanical or electric clutch system, the rotational motion from the gearbox is transferred to the mower blades.
- Cutting Action
As the gearbox transfers power to the mower blades, they start to rotate rapidly. The cutting edges of the blades slice through the grass, providing a clean and even cut. The gearbox ensures that the blades maintain a consistent speed and torque to achieve efficient cutting performance.
- Speed and Direction Control
Some lawn mower gearboxes offer additional features such as speed control and the ability to change the direction of the blades’ rotation. These features allow the operator to adjust the cutting speed or change the blade rotation direction to suit different grass conditions and desired cutting patterns.
Overall, the lawn mower gearbox serves as the intermediary between the engine and the cutting blades. It efficiently transfers power, reduces speed, and provides the necessary torque to drive the blades, resulting in effective grass cutting and maintenance.
When selecting a suitable mower gearbox lubricant, it is best to refer to the recommendations or specifications provided by the mower manufacturer. Here are some general guidelines:
- Refer to the user manual: the user manual of the mower usually provides information on the type and specification of lubricating oil required. This is the most reliable reference source, because manufacturers usually recommend specific brands and grades of lubricants.
- Consider environmental conditions: select the appropriate lubricant according to the climate and working conditions in your area. If you often use the mower in high temperature environment, you may need to choose a lubricant with high viscosity index to ensure good lubrication performance at high temperature.
- Gearbox type: different types of mower gearboxes may require different types of lubricants. Some mower gearboxes may require ordinary gear oil, while others may require special lubricants or synthetic lubricants. Make sure to select the type of lubricant that is compatible with your mower gearbox.
- Product identification: check the specification and grade on the lubricant label. Ensure that the lubricating oil meets the requirements of the mower gearbox and has the appropriate viscosity grade and performance index.
- Brand and quality: select well-known brand lubricating oil and ensure its reliable quality. High quality lubricating oil can provide better lubrication performance and protection, and prolong the service life of the gearbox.
Please remember that the above are general guidelines, and the specific lubricant selection should be determined according to your mower model and the manufacturer’s recommendations. Following the manufacturer’s recommendations is the best way to ensure the correct selection of lubricating oil to maintain the good working condition of the mower gearbox.
Lawn mower gearbox repair involves diagnosing and fixing issues with the gearbox of a lawn mower. The repair process generally includes the following steps:
- Diagnosis: Identify the problem with the gearbox by inspecting for visible damage, unusual noises, or vibrations during operation.
- Disassembly: Take apart the mower to access the gearbox, following manufacturer instructions or a repair manual.
- Inspection: Thoroughly examine the gearbox for damage, wear, or broken parts. Replace any damaged or worn-out components.
- Cleaning and Lubrication: Clean the gearbox, removing dirt and debris. Apply fresh lubrication to gears and bearings.
- Reassembly: Carefully put the gearbox back together, ensuring proper alignment and tightening of components.
- Testing: Test the gearbox’s functionality by connecting the mower to power, observing its performance, and checking for smooth blade rotation.
If unsure or uncomfortable with the repair process, seek professional assistance or consult the manufacturer. Prioritize safety throughout the repair by disconnecting the mower from the power source and following safety precautions.
When replacing and installing the mower gearbox, follow the steps below:
- Preparation: make sure you have appropriate tools and safety equipment, such as spanners, wrenches, safety gloves and eye protection. Disconnect the power supply of the mower or unplug the power plug to ensure safe operation.
- Access the gearbox: depending on your mower model, locate and remove the external parts that cover the gearbox. This may involve removing the bottom guard of the mower or other obstructions.
- Remove the old gearbox: use a suitable tool, such as a wrench or wrench, to remove the old gearbox. Note the removal steps and connection methods for reference when installing a new gearbox.
- Cleaning and lubrication: before installing a new gearbox, clean the bottom of the mower of any debris or accumulation. According to the requirements of the new gearbox, apply an appropriate amount of lubricant to the relevant components, such as bearings or gears.
- Install a new gearbox: install a new mower gearbox according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Ensure that all necessary components such as shafts, bolts, or connectors are inserted and connected correctly.
- Fixing and adjustment: use a wrench or wrench to gradually fix the bolts or connectors of the gearbox. Ensure that all components are securely fixed in position and make necessary adjustments to ensure normal operation.
- Testing and commissioning: connect the power supply of the mower and start it. Ensure that the new gearbox works normally, and the mower blade rotates smoothly without abnormal noise or vibration.
Please note that the above is a general step-by-step guide. The specific replacement and installation process may vary depending on the mower model and the manufacturer’s requirements. Therefore, it is recommended to refer to the mower user manual or consult professional mower maintenance services for more specific guidance and help.
PTO Shaft for Lawn Mower Gearbox
We also provide the PTO shaft, which is often used with the lawn mower gearbox. If you need it, you can contact us to buy it. Click the picture below to learn more about the PTO shaft