Hydraulic Boom Cylinder for Large Excavator
The “Hydraulic Boom Cylinder” is a hydraulic actuator installed on the boom of a large excavator, used to control the upward and downward movements of the boom.
Hydraulic Boom Cylinder
The "Hydraulic Boom Cylinder" is a hydraulic actuator installed on the boom of a large excavator, used to control the upward and downward movements of the boom.
The specific position of the hydraulic bucket cylinder on a large excavator is a key part connecting the bucket and the body. It is usually installed at one end of the stick and connected to the body. The hydraulic bucket cylinder controls the bucket through the hydraulic energy provided by the hydraulic system.
The working principle of the hydraulic stick cylinder is as follows:
- Hydraulic drive: There is a piston and a rod connected to it inside the hydraulic bucket cylinder. When hydraulic oil enters one side of the chamber of the hydraulic stick cylinder, hydraulic pressure acts on the piston, pushing it and its connecting rod.
- Linear motion: The piston of a hydraulic bucket cylinder moves in a straight line along the cylinder barrel under hydraulic pressure. This causes the telescopic movement of the connecting rod, thereby controlling the upward and downward movements of the stick.
- Control and adjustment: The hydraulic stick cylinder is usually equipped with hydraulic valves and sensors to control and adjust the movement of the stick. The hydraulic valve controls the inflow and outflow of hydraulic oil, and controls the movement speed and force of the hydraulic stick cylinder by adjusting the flow and pressure of the hydraulic oil. Sensors can monitor the position and status of the hydraulic stick cylinder and provide feedback signals to the system.
The hydraulic bucket cylinder can control the rise and fall of the bucket through hydraulic drive and linear motion, and adjust the working height and posture of the excavator. The hydraulic bucket cylinder has the characteristics of high load-bearing capacity, precise control, and strong reliability, and is one of the important power components in large excavators.
Specification of Hydraulic Boom Cylinder for Large Excavator
Bore diameter: 200mm～420mm
Rod diameter: 140mm～300mm
The Structure of Hydraulic Boom Cylinder
The structure of hydraulic boom cylinders for large excavators usually includes the following components:
- Cylinder Barrel: The main body of a hydraulic boom cylinder, usually made of high-strength steel pipes. The cylinder barrel has a smooth internal surface for accommodating pistons and seals.
- Piston: A moving component located inside the cylinder barrel, usually made of high-strength metal. The piston separates the two chambers of the hydraulic boom cylinder and forms a seal with the cylinder barrel through seals. There are usually sealing grooves on the piston for installing seals to prevent hydraulic oil leakage.
- Piston Rod: A rod-shaped component connected to a piston, usually made of high-strength alloy steel. The piston rod extends from one end of the piston and forms a seal with the cylinder barrel through a sealing element. The other end of the piston rod is connected to the boom of the excavator.
- Seals: A sealing element located in the hydraulic boom cylinder to prevent hydraulic oil leakage and maintain pressure. Common seals include piston seals, rod seals, and guide belts.
- Cushioning Device: Some large excavator hydraulic boom cylinders may be equipped with a cushioning device to reduce the impact force of the piston when it approaches the cylinder head and seat. The buffer device usually includes an adjustable buffer valve and corresponding hydraulic channels.
- Connection Fittings and Mounting Brackets: The two ends of the hydraulic boom cylinder are usually equipped with connectors for connecting to the boom and body of the excavator. The mounting bracket is used to stabilize and support the hydraulic boom cylinder.
The structural design of hydraulic boom cylinders for large excavators aims to provide high load-bearing capacity, stability, and durability. They achieve the transmission and control of hydraulic power through the hydraulic capacity provided by the hydraulic system, in order to achieve the telescopic motion of the excavator boom. The specific structure and design may vary depending on different excavator manufacturers and models, but the above components are common hydraulic boom cylinder structures.
Please Take a Moment to Experience a Virtual Tour of Our Factory!
Through this immersive VR experience, you will have the opportunity to explore our state-of-the-art facilities, witness our manufacturing processes, and gain an in-depth understanding of our commitment to quality and innovation.