Hydraulic Power Unit
The Hydraulic Power Unit (HPU) is an independent device that contains the main components required to drive the hydraulic system, such as hydraulic pumps, motors, oil tanks, filters, valves, and instruments.
What is Hydraulic Power Unit?
The Hydraulic Power Unit (HPU) is an independent device that contains the main components required to drive the hydraulic system, such as hydraulic pumps, motors, oil tanks, filters, valves, and instruments. It has a close relationship with the hydraulic cylinder, providing the required hydraulic energy and control signals to drive the movement of the hydraulic cylinder.
The working principle of the hydraulic power unit is based on the principle of hydraulic transmission, which mainly includes the following key steps:
- Hydraulic pump supply: The electric motor in the hydraulic power unit drives the hydraulic pump, which is responsible for sucking low-pressure liquid (usually hydraulic oil) from the oil tank and producing high-pressure liquid to supply the hydraulic system.
- Filter treatment: Before the hydraulic pump supplies oil, the hydraulic power unit is usually equipped with a filter to remove impurities and pollutants from the hydraulic oil, ensuring the normal operation of the hydraulic system and the lifespan of components.
- Oil storage: The oil tank in the hydraulic power unit is used to store hydraulic oil and provide a stable oil supply. The oil tank usually has sufficient capacity to meet the working requirements of the hydraulic system, and the oil level of the hydraulic oil is monitored through an oil level indicator.
- Control valves and sensors: The hydraulic power unit is equipped with control valves and sensors to control the working status and movement of the hydraulic system. The control valve switches the channels and flow directions of the hydraulic system based on the input control signal, controlling the flow and pressure of hydraulic fluid. Sensors are used to monitor parameters of hydraulic systems, such as pressure, temperature, and flow rate.
- Hydraulic cylinder drive: The direction and flow of hydraulic fluid are controlled through a multi-channel directional valve, and the hydraulic power unit supplies high-pressure hydraulic oil to the hydraulic cylinder to drive its movement. The hydraulic cylinder generates linear or rotational mechanical actions based on the pressure and flow rate of hydraulic oil.
The working principle of hydraulic power unit is to convert electrical energy into hydraulic energy, and achieve motion control of mechanical equipment through hydraulic transmission. The relationship between it and the hydraulic cylinder is that the hydraulic power unit drives the movement of the hydraulic cylinder by providing high-pressure hydraulic oil and control signals, achieving force and position control of mechanical equipment.
Standard & Custom Design of Hydraulic Power Unit
Designed to function in wide and varied applications Related Fluid Power standard and custom hydraulic power packs are up to the task. From simple motor pump units to multi-functional power pack assemblies, we can provide solutions that fully meet our customers’ expectations of performance, quality and cost.
Continued investment in design and manufacturing, together with our wide application and engineering experience, has not only allowed us to develop our latest range of standard hydraulic power packs but has enabled us to provide our OEM customers with custom power pack systems to specifically meet requirements in terms of flexibility, power, control and size.