Cycloidal Gearbox, also known as a cycloidal gear reducer, is a special type of reducer. It adopts the principle of cycloidal needle wheel transmission and has a unique structure and working principle. High torque capacity, smooth output, compact structure, and high efficiency. They are typically used in applications that require high torque and stable output, such as mechanical equipment, robots, automation devices, and industrial production lines
Types of Cycloidal Gearbox
BW / XW Series
Single Stage, Foot-mounted
BL / XL Series
Single Stage, Flange-mounted
BWE, XWE Series
Double stage, Foot-mounted
BLE, XLE Series
Double Stage, Flange-mounted
BWD / XWD Series
Single Stage, Foot-mounted with motor
BLD / XLD Series
Single Stage, Flange-mounted with motor
BWED / XWED Series
Double stage, Foot-mounted
BLED / XLED Series
Double Stage, Flange-mounted with motor
8000 Series Cycloidal Pinwheel Reducer
XW Series Cycloidal Pinwheel Reducer
XL Series Cycloidal Pinwheel Reducer
XWED Series Cycloidal Pinwheel Reducer
XLDY Series Cycloidal Pinwheel Reducer
Technical Data of Cycloidal Gearbox
|Specifications (model)||X series, single stage||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11|
|B series, single stage||0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8|
|X series, double stage||42, 53, 63, 74, 84, 85, 95, 106. 116, 117|
|B series, double stage||20, 31, 41, 52, 53, 63, 74, 84, 85|
|X series, triple stage||642, 742, 842, 852, 853, 952, 953, 1063, 1164, 1174|
|B series, triple stage||420, 520, 530, 531, 630, 631, 741, 842|
|Ratio||Single stage||6, 7, 9, 11,17, 23, 25, 29, 35, 43, 59, 71, 87|
|Double stage||121, 187, 289, 391, 473, 493, 595, 731, 841, 1003, 1225, 1505, 1849, 2065, 2537, 3481, 5133|
How do Cycloidal Gears Work？
A unique principle of cycloidal gears is that the outer rolling circle used to create additional tooth surfaces (epicycloids) on one gear is used to create the inner rolling circle of the root tooth surface (epicycloid) of another gear. This ensures a constant angular velocity and supports the fundamental law of gear transmission, which states that the angular velocity ratio of a gear must remain constant throughout the entire gear meshing process.
The cycloidal gearbox utilizes the principle of cycloidal gears to provide a high transmission ratio (usually 100:1 or greater), with excellent torsional stiffness, good impact load capacity, stable backlash, and low wear throughout the lifespan of the gearbox.
The design of a cycloidal gearbox is diverse, but its basic principle includes an input shaft that is eccentrically installed on the driving component or bearing, which drives the cycloidal disc for eccentric motion. When the disk rotates, the convex corners of the cycloid disk mesh with the pins on the fixed ring gear, like teeth. The cycloid disk also has roller pins protruding through the disk, which are connected to the output disk, which transmits motion to the output shaft.
Features of Cycloidal Gearbox
Cycloidal gearboxes may be more suitable in the following situations:
- High torque requirements: Cycloidal gearboxes can provide relatively high torque output, suitable for applications that need to withstand high loads and torque. Due to the design of cycloidal gears, they can effectively disperse loads and provide higher torque capacity.
- Compact space limitation: Cycloidal gearboxes typically have a compact structure that can provide the required reduction and transmission functions within limited space. They are suitable for application scenarios with limited space and can be effectively integrated into machines and equipment.
- Smooth output motion: The working principle of a cycloidal gearbox results in a relatively smooth motion of the output shaft, reducing vibration and impact. This makes them suitable for applications that require high stability in output motion, such as precision machinery, automation systems, and conveying devices.
- Low return clearance: The design of the cycloidal gearbox gives it a lower return clearance, which means that the motion response of the output shaft is more accurate when changing the direction of motion. This makes them suitable for applications that require precise control and positioning, such as robots, CNC machine tools, and printing machines.
- High impact load capacity: Due to the structural characteristics of cycloidal gears, they have high impact load capacity. This makes them suitable for applications that require handling high impact and transient loads, such as lifting machinery, packaging equipment, and excavation machinery.
It should be noted that when selecting a cycloidal gearbox, specific application requirements should also be comprehensively considered, including factors such as reduction ratio, input power, working environment, reliability requirements, and cost. When selecting a suitable reducer, it is best to consult a professional engineer or reducer manufacturer for advice and technical support specific to the application.