Tightening Cylinder for Large Excavator
In addition to fastening and fixing the bucket teeth, Tightening Cylinder is also used for adjusting, locking, and unlocking the bucket rod, as well as adjusting the digging force, improving the flexibility and adaptability of the excavator.
The Function of Tightening Cylinder
The "Tightening Cylinder" is usually installed at the connection part of the bucket tooth or bucket link on large excavators, used for fastening and securing the bucket teeth. It provides pressure and force to tightly fix the bucket teeth on the bucket stick. The fastening cylinder also has other functions in excavator operation. In addition to being used for fastening and securing the bucket teeth, the fastening cylinder can also be used for the following purposes:
- Stick adjustment: The fastening cylinder can be used to adjust the position and angle of the excavator stick. By controlling the expansion and contraction of the fastening cylinder, the extension and shortening of the bucket rod can be adjusted, enabling the excavator to adapt to different excavation depths and working ranges.
- Stick locking: During transportation or prolonged shutdown of the excavator, the fastening cylinder can be used to lock the stick and keep it in a fixed state to prevent accidental loosening or movement.
- Stick unlocking: When the bucket teeth need to be replaced or repaired, the fastening cylinder can unlock the bucket rod to separate it from the bucket teeth, making it convenient for operators to carry out related work.
- Excavation force adjustment: By adjusting the pressure applied by the fastening cylinder, the excavation force of the excavator bucket teeth can be controlled.
According to specific excavation tasks and soil conditions, the pressure of the fastening cylinder can be adjusted to achieve the best excavation effect and work efficiency.
Overall, the fastening cylinder plays a crucial role in excavator operation. In addition to fastening and fixing the bucket teeth, it is also used for adjusting, locking, and unlocking the bucket rod, as well as adjusting the digging force, improving the flexibility and adaptability of the excavator.
The working principle of the fastening cylinder is as follows:
- Hydraulic drive: There is a piston and a rod connected to it inside the fastening cylinder. When hydraulic oil enters the cavity on one side of the fastening cylinder, hydraulic pressure acts on the piston, pushing it and its connecting rod.
- Tightening action: Driven by hydraulic pressure, the piston and its connecting rod are pushed outward to apply pressure between the bucket teeth and the stick, allowing the bucket teeth to be tightened on the stick.
- Control and adjustment: The fastening cylinder is usually equipped with hydraulic valves and sensors to control and adjust the tightening force. The hydraulic valve controls the inflow and outflow of hydraulic oil, and controls the pressure applied to the fastening cylinder by adjusting the pressure and flow rate of the hydraulic oil. Sensors can monitor the position and status of the fastening cylinder and provide feedback signals to the system.
The fastening cylinder applies force through hydraulic drive to firmly fix the bucket teeth on the stick, ensuring the stability and efficiency of the excavator during excavation and loading work. The fastening cylinder has the characteristics of high load-bearing capacity, precise control, and strong reliability, and is suitable for heavy-duty working environments of large excavators.
Specification of Tightening Cylinder
Bore diameter: 280mm～380mm
Rod diameter: 170mm～300mm
- The compact structure design, the use of high-strength materials, the special heat treatment, and welding processes ensure that the cylinder has a very high fatigue life with high pressure and heavy load.
- The design has a wide range of temperature resistance (-25℃～+120℃), and can provide higher or lower temperature cylinders
Provide a variety of surface anti-corrosion treatment solutions: Ni/Cr plating, ceramic spraying, laser cladding, QPQ, zinc-nickel plating, etc.
- It can be designed and integrated with P.O. check valves, pipe burst safety valve, oil pipes, etc.
- The mature cushion design makes the bucket reduce the impact of the cylinder during the excavation operation without reducing the excavation force and affecting the work efficiency
- For the earrings of the integral die forgings, you can choose the standard self-lubricating bushings, and also can be configured according to customer needs
- Large-diameter dual oil ports can be selected according to customer needs and pressure test points can be added for real-time monitoring
- Increase the cushion adjustment spool to adjust the cushion effect in real time according to the operating experience
- Optimize the design at the easy failure point of the oil cylinder to reduce stress, and use special process to ensure the reliability and stability of the oil cylinder
- Working pressure, size specifications, installation methods, etc. can be customized according to the customer needs
How to Correctly Adjust the Tightening Cylinder?
Correctly adjusting the length of the fastening cylinder can help improve the accuracy and efficiency of the excavator. Here are some steps and precautions:
- Understanding the excavation task: Firstly, it is necessary to have a clear understanding of the requirements of the excavation task, including the required excavation depth, soil type, and workspace limitations. This will help determine the target and method of adjusting the fastening cylinder.
- Check the operation manual: Refer to the excavator's operation manual or the adjustment guide provided by the manufacturer. These materials usually contain detailed instructions and suggestions for adjusting the fastening cylinder, including hydraulic system parameters, correct adjustment procedures, etc.
- Gradual adjustment: According to the instructions in the operation manual, gradually adjust the length of the fastening cylinder. This usually involves the operation of hydraulic valves or adjustments made through the control system. Follow the guidelines to gradually increase or decrease the length of the fastening cylinder until it reaches the desired working state.
- Testing and evaluation: After adjusting the fastening cylinder, conduct testing and evaluation. Perform some standard excavation operations and observe the accuracy and efficiency of the excavator. If further optimization is needed, fine adjustments or readjustments can be made.
- Attention to safety: When adjusting the fastening cylinder, be sure to follow the safety operating procedures. Ensure that the excavator is in a stable state and prevent operators from approaching moving parts during the adjustment process. If needed, seek professional technical support or operator training.
Please note that the specific methods and procedures for adjusting the fastening cylinder may vary depending on the excavator model, manufacturer, and hydraulic system. Therefore, always refer to the excavator's operating manual and follow the manufacturer's recommendations for adjustments.
Please Take a Moment to Experience a Virtual Tour of Our Factory!
Through this immersive VR experience, you will have the opportunity to explore our state-of-the-art facilities, witness our manufacturing processes, and gain an in-depth understanding of our commitment to quality and innovation.